How to Choose a Domain Name Relevant to Your Business written by: Mr.Write
Just like a company name, businesses have to be very keen about the domain name they pick. This name is your online identity which must suit your business and be memorable. Here are a few ways in which you can choose the best domain name:
- The first trick is to pick a name that best describes your business. A food and beverage company should use a domain name that tells exactly what their specialty is. By picking such a name you are sure that people know what you are about by simply typing your domain name. Using descriptive keywords means that your establishment will enjoy high search engine rankings.
- Make sure that the domain name of choice is easy to type to ease the search for potential customers. Short forms, slang or numbers and hyphens might seem appealing but they are not recommended for domain names. People will be confused about how to type these and when it comes to numbers one might not be sure whether to type it out or simply write the numeral.
- Local searches are trending today making it necessary for businesses to target their areas with the domain names they choose. This can be done by including city, state and towns in domain names to make it easy for locals to find and remember them.
- The most important factor to consider when choosing a business domain name is how easy it is for people to remember. A memorable name is not easy to find bearing in mind the fact that there are millions already registered. You have to conduct ample research so you can find one that is not yet registered and once you find it, make sure to register it quickly before someone else does.
- Domain name extensions are important as the one you choose could send a certain message to would be customers. The most common extension is .com but users have a hard time finding unique ones that haven’t been registered already. The option is to choose among some generic names that are specific. There are extensions like .org, .me and others that one can easily use to identify their businesses.
Once you’ve found the right domain name for your business, copyright and trademark it just to be sure that no one else is using it. This will give you peace of mind in the knowledge that you will not be faced by complicated legal tussles over the name.